Congratulations to the Spring 2019 Warshaw Fellow and Buchter Resident Research Awardees!
Congratulations to the following fellows and residents whose research projects were selected for funding in the third cylce of the Fellow and Resident Research Fund, which was newly named the Warshaw Fellow Research Award and Buchter Resident Research Award respectively.
These distinctions are in honor of Dr. Barry Warshaw, Vice Chair of Education and Dr. Susie Buchter, Residency Program Director, for their pioneering and tireless efforts cultivating fellows and residents in the Department of Pediatrics at Emory University School of Medicine.
- Nora Colman, MD, Simulation: "Better by Design: How to Proactively Use Simmulation to Identify Latent Safety Threats in New Healthcare Design"
- Colleen Gutman, MD, Emergency Medicine: "Pilot Implementation of Universal Adolescent HIV Screening in the Pediatric Emergency Department"
- Satoshi Kamidani, MD, Infectious Disease: "The Vaccine Safety Evaluation of Kawasaki Disease and Childhood Vaccines"
- Catherine Park, MD, Nephrology: "Changing the Life of a Lupus Patient One Pamphlet at a Time: Health Literacy Levels, Resource Utilization, and Increased Awareness on the Quality of life in Lupus Patients"
- Anthony Ross, MD, MS, Hematology and Oncology: "Obesity Attenuates T-cell Function Which May Impact the Efficacy of T-cell Based Immunotherapies in Pediatric Leukemia"
- Anita Saraf, MD, PhD, Cardiology: "The Effect of TNF-α on Induced Pluripotent Stem Cells from Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome Patients"
- Amit Shah, MD, Pulmonary, Allergy and Immunology, Cystic Fibrosis, and Sleep: "Non-invasive Measurement of Pulmary Blood Flow in Pulmonary Hypertension"
- Teresa Oh, MD: "Clinical Management Following Button Battery Ingestion with Esophageal Injury"
- Elizabeth Quincer, MD: "The Effect of Maternal Isoniazid Preventative Therapy in Pregnancy on Infant Outcomes"
Click here for more information about the Warshaw Fellow and Buchter Resident Research Awards.