Research at Hughes Spalding
Are you planning a research project that includes Hughes Spalding?
Please make an appointment to meet with Hughes Spalding Lead Research Coordinator. The Lead coordinator will guide you through the process for review and approval and assist you to ensure that all administrative and regulatory aspects of the study are in place.
For more information, please see PowerPoint Presentation for conducting research at Hughes Spalding.
About Children's at Hughes Spalding
With deep roots of caring for families in Atlanta, the Hughes Spalding Pavilion first opened in 1952. Today, Children's Healthcare of Atlanta at Hughes Spalding continues its legacy of care. Sick and injured children need the expertise of trained pediatric specialists, and now, patients who live downtown and on the south side of Atlanta have a world-class facility within their neighborhood.
- Children's at Hughes Spalding manages more than 75,000 patients annually.
- As a System, Children's is the largest Medicaid provider in Georgia, and at Children's at Hughes Spalding, 90% of patients who turn to us for care are uninsured or rely on Medicaid.
- Children's at Hughes Spalding is now the medical home for children who are in foster care and custody of the Division of Family and Children Services (DFCS). Foster children who need assessment experience the all-inclusive continuity of care they deserve.
- Children's at Hughes Spalding is the first pediatric facility to be a gold-certified Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) building in the state of Georgia.
- Children's has been ranked one of the top hospitals for children in the United States by U.S.News and World Report since 2004 and was ranked among the top 10 pediatric hospitals in the country by Parents magazine in 2009.
- As part of Children's, our patients have access to more than 1,600 physicians and more than 30 pediatric specialties.